Simple Continuous Integration

Discussion of testing theory and practice, including methodologies (such as TDD, BDD, DDD, Agile, XP) and software - anything to do with testing goes here. (Formerly "The Testing Side of Development")

Moderator: General Moderators

jarofgreen
Forum Commoner

Simple Continuous Integration

Post by jarofgreen »

I have several projects in Subversion with PHPUNit tests.

All I'm looking for is a tool that will run on commit, log any test errors and email some people.

I've tried http://php-under-control.org/ but it's really complicated to install (Debian Linux has a lot of packages that are to old and the less said about WIndows the better) so I'm wondering what other people do for this. Any simple solutions?

Thanks,
James
josh
DevNet Master

Re: Simple Continuous Integration

Post by josh »

I use that tool, it installs with 1 command, you just install java, download cruise control download phpunit, run the phpunit command that installs it, and then setup a build file following the cruise control documentation.

For example mine runs tests, uploads code for people to test (QA), builds distributable packages (tar.gz/zip), strips out the unit tests before distributing, builds different "packages" for different users that have purchased different modules, all with 1 command.
Jenk
DevNet Master

Post by Jenk »

Hudson is also very easy to install, it's all available in one war/jar.
jarofgreen
Forum Commoner

Post by jarofgreen »

Am currently ironing the last problems out of a windows install of http://jenkins-php.org/ - Jenkins being a fork of Hudson. That site is definitely for Linux, if you want to run it on windows there are lots of small but minor path problems to iron out.
Jenk
DevNet Master

Post by Jenk »

edit: oops, nevermind.