Spry menu bar in Dreamweaver cs4 placement

Need help with Photoshop, the GIMP, Illustrator, or others? Want to show off your work? Looking for advice on your newest Flash stuff?

Moderator: General Moderators

simonttz
Forum Newbie

Spry menu bar in Dreamweaver cs4 placement

Post by simonttz »

Hi, I need some help with Spry menu bar in Dreamweaver cs4 placement.. So i cut a few slices in imageready and tried to place the menu on top of a slice.. when ever I put the menu on the slice, it re-orients other slices and it looks like this:

I know there is probably a simple elementary explanation for this.. I think it may have something to do with the way i slice it in image ready.. also - can you tell me how to slice images so that it's only one box and not extra unnecessary slices?

I know to use the slice selector button but when I try to highlight and combine slices it combines the ones that I don't want to combine and the ones I didn't even select..

Can anyone help me?
harrisond2
Forum Newbie

Re: Spry menu bar in Dreamweaver cs4 placement

Post by harrisond2 »

I'm not positive about this, but you might want to try using divs and setting up layers by the z-index. Here's a tutorial for layering divs: http://www.lissaexplains.com/html7.shtml

Your entire website shouldn't be just images btw. Adobe TV has good guides on going from an image to a website. Also, you could try re-slicing the image to compensate for the spry menu.
ladesignandcoding
Forum Newbie

Re: Spry menu bar in Dreamweaver cs4 placement

Post by ladesignandcoding »

he right do not just use images only the spry menu is ok but to me I really do not use it I create my own navagation but you have looks nice