Dynamically create web buttons

Need help with Photoshop, the GIMP, Illustrator, or others? Want to show off your work? Looking for advice on your newest Flash stuff?

Moderator: General Moderators

dbemowsk
Forum Commoner

Dynamically create web buttons

Post by dbemowsk »

Just thought I'd post this for others. I needed a way to dynamically create web buttons for a web based application I am creating. I created a script that takes a number of parameters to create dynamic consistent looking web buttons on the fly. Pass your text, icon, a set of 3 background images, along with a few other config options, and get buttons like these.

Image Image

The buttons shown above were created using the demo of the script. Read the tutorial and try the demo at http://www.phpwebscripting.com/phpwebsi ... cle&view=8

I hope this is useful to many
Last edited by dbemowsk on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daedalus__
DevNet Resident

Re: Dynamically create web buttons

Post by daedalus__ »

neat. im chopping images together in css at the moment it can be painful compared to using gd.

you should consider posting this under coding critique.
HarmoniaTracie
Forum Newbie

Post by HarmoniaTracie »

I try to give you the general idea.. Once you click a button, open a new panel which contains a text box and a button. By clicking that button, another new panel will be displayed with the value of previous text box.. So, it's just a matter of displaying and hiding some panels..Basically, you can just grab the value of any text boxes by using its Text() property.
ladesignandcoding
Forum Newbie

Post by ladesignandcoding »

I guess I cannot see it must be my browser the image is not showing
dbemowsk
Forum Commoner

Post by dbemowsk »

I am shifting the format of my website to a new CMS, but moved the old content to a subfolder. I edited the original post so it works now.